Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Sometimes You Have To Take A Leap Of Faith

April 15, 2009 could be called the day I was reborn. It was the day when I realized in one split second my life could have ended. The accident caused because the other driver did a left turn when I was already in the middle of the intersection. But that isn't why I am writing this. I am writing this because that incident has changed my life.

I was one of those people who put off life. There is always tomorrow to go after my dreams. That accident made me realize that tomorrow might not come and only today matters. I have a job I hate but hey I have a job. There are other things I want to do but I didn't have the courage to go after them. Now I do. It is like God opened my eyes and showed me that my time here isn't infinite that it can be taken away in a split second.

Will my friends agree with what I am going to do? Some will and others will pull the age card. You know the "You're (fill in the blank) and you need to think about retirement. Do you know how many people planned for their retirement but died a few days after they retired? They didn't get to enjoy any of the money they worked hard for or get to do the things they planned. Life is to be lived not saved for later on.

So here is to my new beginning and the giant leap of faith I am about to take.

0 comments:

Post a Comment